Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Favorite Songs of 2014 (Thus Far)

Whenever I fall in love with a song, I mark it five stars on iTunes. I have an iTunes smart playlist (which are super awesome and if you have iTunes and don't use smart playlists you are MISSING OUT ON HOW TO DO MUSIC...or something) that keeps all my five-star-rated songs from the year, indicating that these are the songs I really loved in any given year.

We are a fourth of the way through the year, so I figured I'd share with you guys my favorite discoveries of 2014 so far. I was going to write a little blurb about each one and why I love it, but arthritis is breaking my fingers a li'l bit right now, so you'll just have to settle for video clips. You'll just have to guess why I love them.

So here they are, my favorite songs of January-March 2014:

Let It Go from Frozen


Frozen Heart from Frozen



Royals by Lorde



When I Grow Up from Matilda



Cop Car by Keith Urban
(I know, I know, I usually hate country songs, but for some reason I REALLY like this one)



Let It Go by Caleb Hyles



You Haven't Seen the Last of Me from Burlesque



Mr. Chu by A Pink

 


What have you been listening to lately?

1 comment:

  1. Heh, two "Let it Go"s.

    Well, aside from new downloads from Overclocked Remix, there are a couple of full albums I've been listening to.

    The first is Weight of Glory by Misha Goetz, daughter of Marty Goetz. The words are all on her site, http://www.mishagoetz.com , with the exception of Be Still, My Soul (although there are a couple of verses neither she nor Aaron Encinas sings) and Mary's Song (Magnificat), both of which I found elsewhere online.

    The other is From Generation to Generation, subtitled 40 Years of Messianic Music Favorites from Jews for Jesus. The concept was, as of last year, they'd been doing this for about 40 years, so they decided to take tracks from various albums, none of which are from the same year, and put their selections on one CD. They ended up with 18 tracks, from 1973 to 201...1. Not quite 2013, but close enough. Represented are Liberated Wailing Wall, Israelight, Eric Van Camp, Jonathan and Cindy Bernd, Susan Mendelson, Joshua Turnil, Blue Mosiac, and the Jews for Jesus children.

    ReplyDelete