It's been a little while since we did a Top 5, Bottom 5 feature, and I just recently hit 21 movies watched on the "caper" filter on Flickchart. You can see the order of all 21 movies here, but in the meantime, here are my favorites and least favorites from the genre.
1. A Fish Called Wanda (1988, #98 on my chart). This movie grows on me every time I watch it. It's got such a marvelous cast, and they're all hilarious.
2. Inception (2010, #108). One of Christoper Nolan's most inventive movies, and my second favorite of his after Memento. It's a solid heist movie, but it's just fascinating to watch, period.
3. Muppets Most Wanted (2014, #353). Well, this heist is very silly, but I liked this Muppets movie a lot more than other people did, I think. Didn't hurt that it had a lot of great songs.
4. Ocean's Eleven (2001, #459). A good cool caper/heist movie that is really enjoyable to watch. George Clooney and Brad Pitt are excellent together.
5. Sneakers (1992, #473). A lighthearted caper with a good ensemble cast. I admittedly haven't seen it in a long time, but I remember having a good time with it.
5. Inside Man (2006, #2124 out of 2319). I don't remember a single thing about this movie other than that I found it boring.
4. Three Kings (1999, #2064). This is one I want to give a second chance to someday, as I was pretty young when I watched it and maybe just didn't get it yet.
3. The Italian Job (2003, #1842). Another entry that just didn't stick with me, and the few memories I have associated with it are not great.
2. Flawless (2007, #1826). This is probably ranked a little too low because I never though it was actively bad, just... nothing special.
1. Snatch. (2000, #1654). I tried so hard to appreciate this movie when I was assigned it for last year's movie challenge, but it just never caught my attention.
Top 5 Unseen:
1. Rififi (1955, #222 on the global charts)
2. The Red Circle (1970, #403)
3. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998, #409)
4. The Asphalt Jungle (1950, #450)
5. Thief (1981, #623)
What are your favorites and least favorites? Which of my top 5 unseen should I see first?