Monday, October 15, 2012

Disney Songs Translated to Death (The Answers)

Most of you got most of them last week... but for any you missed, here are not only the songs, but the specific lyrics I translated.

1. He's a tramp, but they love him. Breaks a new heart every day. He's a tramp, they adore him, and I only hope he'll stay that way.
2. No one's slick as Gaston, no one's quick as Gaston, no one's neck's as incredibly thick as Gaston.
3. Everybody wants to be a cat, because a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
4. Oh, this is a night, it's a beautiful night, and they call it bella notte.
5. I know it sounds sordid, but you'll be rewarded when at last I am given my dues, and with justice deliciously squared, be prepared.
6. Poor unfortunate souls in pain, in need. This one longing to be thinner, that one longs to get the girl, and do I help them? Yes, indeed.
7. Just whistle while we work and cheerfully together we can tidy up the place, so hum a merry tune.
8. Baby mine, don't you cry. Baby mine, dry your eyes. Rest your head close to my heart, never to part, baby of mine.
9. Let's go fly a kite up to the highest height, let's go fly a kite and send it soaring.
10. I look once more just around the riverbend, beyond the shore, where the gulls fly free. Don't know what for, what I dream the day might send just around the riverbend for me.
11. When the road is rough ahead and you're miles and miles from your nice warm bed, you just remember what your old pal said: you've got a friend in me.
12. You must be swift as the coursing river, with all the force of a great typhoon, with all the strength of a raging fire, mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
13. Cruella De Vil, Cruella De Vil, if she doesn't scare you, no evil thing will.
14. Gotta keep one jump ahead of the breadline, one swing ahead of the sword. I steal only what I can't afford (and that's everything).
15. There's something sweet and almost kind, but he was mean and he was coarse and unrefined. And now he's dear and so unsure... I wonder why I didn't see it there before.
16. Mr. Aladdin, sir, what will your pleasure be? Let me take your order, jot it down, you ain't never had a friend like me.
17. I will find my way, I will go the distance, I'll be there someday if I can be strong.
18. Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's home from work we go.
19. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious.
20. Look for the bare necessities, the simple bare necessities, forget about your worry and your strife.
21. A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.
22. It's our problem-free philosophy: hakuna matata.
23. Some day my prince will come, some day we'll meet again.
24. A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep.
25. Who is this girl I see staring straight back at me? Why is my reflection something I don't know?
26. You'll be in my heart, yes, you'll be in my heart, from this day on, now and forevermore.
27. Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay, my oh my, what a wonderful day.
28. Can you feel the love tonight, the peace the evening brings? The world, for once, in perfect harmony with all its living things.
29. Sha-la-la-la-la-la, don't be scared, you got the mood prepared, go on and kiss the girl.
30. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountain? Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
31. Be our guest, be our guest, put our service to the test. Tie a napkin round your neck, cherie, and we'll provide the rest.
32. I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream. I know you, the gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam.
33. Under the sea, under the sea, darling, it's better down where it's wetter, take it from me.
34. Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun wandering free, wish I could be part of that world.
35. When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you.
36. Til we find our place on the path unwinding, in the circle, the circle of life.
37. Just a little change, small to say the least, both a little scared, neither one prepared, Beauty and the Beast.
38. A whole new world, a new fantastic point of view, no one to tell us no or where to go or say we're only dreaming.
39. Put them together and what have you got? Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo.
40. Life is brief, but when it's gone, love goes on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment