Friday, November 1, 2013

No Skye... But a NaNo Snippet!

Sorry about no Skye this week. Blogging might be weird this month, what with trying to do NaNo. But every time I can't post an actual blog, I'll post a snippet from my NaNo speed story thus far. Today, I present the befuddling bit where my main character explains the origins of his name:
“Now what was your name again?”
“Beastly,” I said. I had always hated my name, my mom thought I was very ugly when I was born so she named me Beastly Hugging Robins. I had always asked her to give me a new name but she just shook her head and said, “This is what you get, you make the most of your life, Beastly, and you can’t complain or it won’t count anymore.”
The midget shook his head. “That is a terrible,” he said. “My name is Edward.” 
“Oh, I wish my name was Edward,” I said with a sigh. “Then nobody would hate me as they do now. Did you know I cannot even drive in traffic because the people shout at me, ‘Oh, Beastly!’” 
“I did not,” the midget said solemnly. “But I’m not surprised. What was your mother thinking?” 
I shrugged. I had theorized too many times before with too many friends for it to do any good now. 
This is going to be a fun ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment