Monday, August 29, 2011

Movies This Week

Well, school has started back up again. This meant that not only did I not watch very many movies last week (only four, and three of those were before I left home), I forgot to even write about them on Saturday. Whoops.

Heavenly Creatures (1994). Based on the real life story of two girls charged with murdering one of their mothers. Kate Winslet's first movie. It's fascinating and chilling and has some wonderful acting in it. I'm not sure I could say I "liked" it, but it was really well done. 4/5.

Limitless (2011). Bradley Cooper plays a man who takes a pill that helps him use every part of his brain. Fun premise and I liked it fine watching it, but mostly forgotten just a few days later. 3/5.

Unknown (2011). Liam Neeson wakes up in a hospital with no ID and no memory of how he got there. When he is released, he finds someone else has taken over his life. This was fine. Extremely implausible and very silly, it might rank higher for someone who likes action movies better than I do. 2.5/5.

Fright Night (2011). Remake of a 1985 vampire horror movie. This movie is ridiculous and campy and the actors are clearly having a blast, so it's fun for the audience. Worth seeing solely for Colin Farrell and David Tennant, who milk every moment of their ridiculous characters. 3/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment