Monday, March 26, 2012

Movie Challenge (Day 5)

Day 5: Your favorite movie at this time last year.

My favorite movie hasn't changed much in the past few years. It's been steadily rotating between Casablanca, Love Actually, Annie Hall, and Moulin Rouge! for several years now. Since I've already mentioned Casablanca, let me go ahead and pay tribute to Love Actually with this one.

Love Actually was one of the earlier ensemble rom coms and one of the only good ones. Heck, it's one of the only rom coms ever that I enjoy. Richard Curtis is a funny screenwriter who produces good dialogue and instantly-likable characters. The cheesy mushiness is off the charts on this movie but it's all done with a sort of "yes, we know it's silly but just enjoy it with us!" attitude that I find completely infectious. It's not a deep movie. It's not life-changing in any way. It just always makes me happy whenever I watch it.

It's hard to pick a favorite clip or favorite moment from this movie, so here's a musical moment from it that always makes me smile whenever I watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment