Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Here's Some Music

I broke my newly-attempted blog schedule by not posting on Friday. To be fair, I was away from home that day from 6 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. or so, and then was doing something else on campus until 12:15 in the morning, so I didn't have a lot of time to do anything that day, and I hadn't come up with anything earlier in the week to post.

I don't have a lot of time this week to post this week either (a second major project is due this Friday), so if I write any posts at all, they'll probably be fluffy ones

Take this post, for example. Here are some of the songs I've acquired in my music library over the past couple months. I haven't had as much time to acquire songs or listen to music this school semester as I have in the past, so the list of enduring favorites is ever so short, but here's what I have found, in order from when I discovered them, from January to now.

Let There Be by Gungor. Rather an epic opening to an album I fully plan to listen to all the way through someday. Gungor is one of the few worship artists I have a fair amount of respect for.

Never Fall In Love (With an Elf) from Elf the Musical. This cast recording was underwhelming as a whole, but this song has become a favorite.

Oh, Internet by Hannah Hart. The creator of the hilarious YouTube series My Drunk Kitchen records an anti-SOPA song. Woot for nerd songs.

Send Me an Angel by Kevin Max. Kevin Max is back with a new EP that, once again, is vastly different from everything else he's ever recorded. Will this man ever stop surprising me with his music? (Which sounds a bit like he's sneaking up behind me and playing music in my ear, but that is not the case.)

I'm the One That's Cool by The Guild. Best. Nerd. Anthem. Ever. Also, I want to be Felicia Day when I grow up.

We Are Young by Sam Tsui. Sam's released quite a few covers over the past few months, but this is my favorite. The song's crazy overplayed, but I sure love how his voice sounds singing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment