Monday, April 13, 2015

A Silly Sisters Conversation

I'm having a little trouble staying caught up with the blog this week, so here for today is a goofy conversation I had with my sister Bethany yesterday. There's some important relationship advice in here!

(The conversation starts off as we're discussing Vanilla Sky.)

Bethany: I think I would've enjoyed it more if I had seen it on my own
Bethany: But by the time it got to the end, I thought the plot was very interesting
Bethany: And he did a good job

Me: He meaning Tom Cruise?

Bethany: Yeah4
Bethany: -4

Me: LOL, I thought you were grading him.
Me: "He did a good job. -4."

Bethany: Haha. What do I rate the people I hate?

Me: -4 BILLION

Bethany: And what's my highest? Do I ever get above -?

Me: God gets a 2.
Me: Your future husband and children will be a 0.

Bethany: LOL

Me: Close friends and family members now are -1.

Bethany: Hey, who says that my family and friends are less than my husbands and children?

Me: *shrug* I dunno, I figured they would be.
Me: Jacob ranks higher than my friends and family.

Bethany: YOU'RE SAYING THAT TOM CRUISE IS ONLY 3 BEHIND FRIENDS AND FAMILY? I do NOT like him that much!

Me: LOL
Me: But HE DID A GOOD JOB!

Bethany: But not THAT good!

Me: Well, maybe you typoed and you meant to say -14 for Tom.

Bethany: And yeah, I guess they will definitely be higher than my friends. I can't say over family until I marry somebody who actually IS over my family. I'm sure they will be.

Me: Yeah, ranking people in order of how much you like them is a little weird.
Me: I mean for me Jacob is definitely my favorite of all the people. haha... but I don't feel bad telling anyone that.

Bethany: Haha, well that works. I haven't found my favorite of all the people other than my own family yet... but maybe that will be a defining thing about whenever I DO find a guy. If I don't like him more than/at least as much as families, then I can't marry him.
Bethany: *MY family

Me: AS MUCH AS ALL FAMILIES EVERYWHERE

Bethany: THAT'S WAY TOO BROAD
Bethany: And unhelpful
Bethany: If I don't like him better than the Bluth family, than I DEFINITELY shouldn't marry him

Me: LOL LOL
Me: "Things to look for in a husband:
1. I like him more than the Bluths."

Bethany: LOL
Bethany: I think I should set my standards a little higher

Me: Well, that's just the first of 942 things on the list.

Bethany: LOL

Me: "544. Wears size 10 1/2 shoes.
545. Sometimes dreams about Disneyland.
546. Has never known anyone named Curtis."

Bethany: LOL
Bethany: I like your suggestions. But not because I'm going to use them.

Me: Fine.

Bethany: Hey, if YOU want to write out a list of 942 things for me, I can compare the next guy to that and see how well he matches up

Me: LOL
Me: Well, that dreaming-about-Disneyland thing is going on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment