Friday, March 8, 2013

Search Keyword Help Time!

(Your regularly schedule Top 100 Showtunes will return next Friday. I haven't quite finished writing the newest one up, so have this blog that IS finished! Well, mostly. But I can cover the rest some other time.)

The last couple weeks have yielded quite an interesting selection of search keywords used to find my blog. Time to answer some more of the Internet's burning questions.

how do you have a sunday nap on the couch on the sims?
A nap on the couch on Sunday isn't any different a nap on the couch on any other day. You wait until Sunday, click on the couch, and then click "nap." You don't get extra resting points for it being Sunday.

rejuvenating activities for introverts
Well, introverts are all obviously different people and can find different things rejuvenating, here are some of the things I find rejuvenating as an introvert:
  • Deep conversations
  • One-on-one time with a close friend
  • Being the only one in a movie theater showing
  • Libraries
  • Lying on my bed with my eyes closed, listening to music I love
  • Medium long road trips
Feel free to share your favorite introverted rejuvenation activities in the comments!

edward scissorhands characters
Edward Scissorhands, Kim, Peg and Jim are the main ones, according to IMDb. It's been a little while since I've seen it, but I do remember Kim is the daughter, Peg is the mom, and Jim is the evil boyfriend. And Edward Scissorhands is the guy with scissors for hands and crazy hair.

creepiest showtunes
I highly recommend my Halloween Showtunes Mix. A few I'd recommend that aren't on there: Unworthy of Your Love from Assassins (hecka creepy if you know what it's about) and the judge's version of Johanna from Sweeney Todd.

introverts do not hate small talk because we dislike
...people. We hate small talk because we hate the barrier it creates between people.

A great quote from a great book: Laurie Helgoe's "Introvert Power: Why Your Inner Life is Your Hidden Strength."

should a blogger mention she is unpublished?
If you mention it, the blogger gods come and take your blog away from you. I don't know how I've escape it for so long.

han solo was the mercenary with a heart of gold
He sure was! He was also my first crush. Incidentally, I'm pretty sure he was the only mercenary-with-a-heart-of-gold movie character I ever had a crush on. I quickly transitioned over to platonic-wisecracking-underdog-nerd-friend-who-is-so-much-better-than-the-boring-hero-why-can't-she-see-that?

ghost vs dinosaurs
Well, dinosaurs are extinct. Ghost the movie is not only still around, but also got turned into a musical. I'd say Ghost wins this battle.

for what reason does romeo say the friar scolded him about rosaline
Somebody's looking up their homework answers on the Internet. Here, let me help you out, kid. Act 2, scene 3, line 37 (with the friar's wise response on line 38).

introvert lying to myself
This is intriguing to me. I'm not sure if this person is lying to themselves about being an extrovert (as I did before I realized extroversion didn't equal godliness), lying to themselves about being an introvert (because of wanting to appear deep? I don't know), or just lying to themselves in general and wonders if they should deal with it differently because of their introversion (probably not, although your struggle to accept the truth may be more internally motivated).

most bizarre glee performance
SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM. I think I still have to go with the entire football team performing the Single Ladies dance in that very early episode, for the sole purpose of confusing the other team. It confused them, it confused me, and it confused everyone who watched that episode.

unknown movies with great music
It feels to me like the most obvious choice is little-known musicals, such as Company, Into the Woods, and Sunday in the Park With George. (So many of Sondheim's musicals have been filmed but so few of those movies have been seen by most people. Sad.)

4 comments:

  1. I've thought about doing a post like this, but your search keywords are much more interesting than mine. No joke, my top search keyword is "padded walls". Anderson Cooper is in the top 3, and Eli Whitney's cotton gin is also popular. I'd love to get more interesting phrases like you get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every once in awhile I get a search term that makes me really want to ask that person why they were searching for that in the first place.

      Delete
    2. I always tell myself they were just trying to find images to use in their own blog...or to verify the existence of Rule 34 content.

      Delete
  2. I love that you did this.

    ReplyDelete