Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Triumph of Silliness

David McCandless (which is a fantastic last name) gathered together a bunch of the "Must Read" books lists and created a little word cloud infographic indicating which ones showed up the most. I've read a lot of these, but there are still quite a few remaining that I'd like to get to at some point.

My favorite thing about it, though, is that The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy appears on so many lists. It's one of the most-represented ones on the list, beating out classics like The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Old Man and the Sea, and Wuthering Heights. I'm thrilled that this is the case, not necessarily because I think Hitchhiker's is a better book than all those but because I love that a book filled with such pure silliness holds its own against all the "great art" that are about something.

No comments:

Post a Comment