Sunday, October 9, 2011

Movies This... Month?

I've been lazy about writing in my blog. Well, not lazy here so much as busy elsewhere. Between classes and rehearsals for two different shows, I haven't had much time to write anything, much less watch movies. In fact, I've only seen a movie a week for the past three. But, well, here are my thoughts on those:

Hop (2011). Kids' movie about the Easter Bunny, who just wants to be a famous drummer. This movie makes absolutely no sense. The only laughs it got from me were when I laughed in disbelief at how stupid a plot point was. (None of the kids I watched it with were laughing either.) 0.5 stars.

The Beaver (2011). Mel Gibson plays a man dealing with crippling depression who finds relief through using a beaver puppet to talk to people. I loved this one. It's funny and dark and beautiful and fascinating. So much better than I expected. 4.5 stars.

Bitter Moon (1992). A Roman Polanski film about a couple whose love turns into cruelty and hatred. Not only unpleasant to watch, but also just boring most of the time. 1.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment