Saturday, March 17, 2012

Movie Challenge (Day 3)

(Day 3... a few days later. Because I had trouble coming up with an answer to this one.)

Day 3 - A movie you could never watch with your parents.

Well, my father and I are both pretty open in our movie-viewing preferences. There's not a lot that actively bothers us. Mom's a lot more conservative in what she enjoys watching, so there are a lot of movies I'd never watch with her. There are fewer I wouldn't watch with Dad.

Admittedly, it would be awkward to watch something like, say, Black Swan with my father, but in that movie's case, I'm convinced enough of the movie's brilliance (I love Black Swan) that getting to share that with someone else would override the awkwardness of some of the scenes in the middle. I'm a big believer in the idea of the movie as a whole as opposed to the individual parts, and I'm pretty sure my father is as well. So I'm pretty sure the only movies I could never watch with my parents are movies that I loathe myself for sitting all the way through in the first place... and a movie instantly jumps to mind. I have never felt a stronger need to cleanse my brain than I did after I watched Mallrats. I have deliberately avoided other Kevin Smith movies because that one made me feel like such a terrible person for even watching any of that. I'm not even sure what it was about it that disgusted me so much. I watched it long enough ago that I don't remember all the particulars, just the resulting emotions from when it was finally over. Yeah, never watching that one with the parents.

I am not linking a clip of this movie. You know, because I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment