Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hodgepodgeblog

As I sit here on Tuesday night, thinking, I do not want to write a blog for Wednesday morning. I don't have anything to say, I came to a decision. I've decided to just leave the blog page open on my screen and write down whatever I feel inclined to. So you will get a random smattering of tiny thoughts from me. Enjoy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The songs that are on my "Favorites of 2013" playlist so far:

1. There Are Worse Things I Could Do from Glee
2. Idea Man by Groovelily
3. Desert With Lights by Groovelily
4. Swimming Pools (Drank) by Kendrick Lamar (I admit that this song doesn't seem to fit with the rest. But I think it's fascinating.)
5. Aunt Betty by Jeff Blumenkrantz
6. I'm Still Standing by Elton John

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I had this conversation with Jacob the other day.

Jacob: Hitler's not fun. Unless you make him into clay.
Me: (gasp) We could make Hitler made out of clay made out of Hitler!
Jacob: No, that's how you bring him back from the dead.
Me: Oh. Well, we could make a bunch of mini Hitlers out of clay. So even if they came back to life, they couldn't do anything, because they'd be tiny.
Jacob: (singing) "Miiiiini Hitlers..." That sounds like a theme song.
Me: I think it's a dark comedy about a very sad lonely kid who builds a bunch of mini clay Hitlers to be his friends.

I have to admit, Hitler shows up in our conversations probably more than is strictly appropriate.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

One of these days I should type up some of the heated debates I have with my family. That makes it sound like I'm going to post a transcription of people arguing about whose turn it is to do the dishes, but it's much more interesting than that. My sister Rebekah and I in particular agree on very, very little, and we end up arguing about all sorts of things. Most recently: whether sequels are a good or bad idea overall, how much does Christianity have to emphasize the pain and agony of Jesus' death, what promises you can require of friends, and the idea of listening to music analyzing the pieces vs. experiencing it holistically. Often these debates take hours before we finally all go to bed, not ever really resolving it. But they sure do make for interesting conversations.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

One of these days I'm also going to do a series where I ask each of my married friends to share their stories. I've always been fascinated by real life love stories, and some of my friends' stories of how they met, got together, and got married, are wonderful. I just need to talk to some friends, gather up a couple stories and put them into blog format. (If any of you married friends reading this want to be among the first, leave me a comment or shoot me a Facebook message.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My online pals the Rinkies are big fans of Jessie and her movie reviews. Sam, the owner of the website, even created a bot that collected all the Jessie reviews and can post a random one into the chat room ever so often. I just found this chat log from after I posted my second Jessie review post in the chat room. It highlights once again how crazy that girl is.

Sam: Hey, with that American In Paris review, is that the right number of exclamation marks at the end? Because my version of that review, as scraped by my data-mining script, just has two. This may mean she went back in and edited the review later JUST to add lots more exclamation marks.
Me: LOL
Me: That's definitely the right amount.
Me: I really hope that's what happened.
Me: She was rereading her reviews and thought, "I really REALLY mean this one."

No comments:

Post a Comment