Saturday, January 25, 2014

Weekend Reads

I'm trying something new here. Every Saturday, I'll post a few links to blogs that I read the previous week and liked enough to share. It could be 2, it could be 20, it just depends on what I read that week. Either way, I thought these links were worth passing on to you guys. I did something like this a while back but I'd like to make it a more regular thing.

Silly

Christian Music Supergroups Poised to Take the World By Storm, at Stuff Christians Like
The Goo Goo Ga Ga Güngör Tour 
What do you get when you combine hit rock group, the headline-catching artist who brought us hits like “Poker Face” and the band who’s bringing umlaut back? You get the Goo Goo Ga Ga Güngör Tour, coming to a city near you. This is the biggest and strangest thing to entertain kids’ ears since Yo Gabba Gabba.
Serious

Social Media as Sacrament: A Thought For Rachel, at Experimental Theology
A lot of us started out on the Jesus-life as radical young idealists. And then reality hit. 
And I wonder--and I am just wondering here--if something similar doesn't happen with social media. We start thinking our blogs or Twitter accounts are "platforms," locations were social media influence can be used to make the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment