Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Reasons to Dance: #101-200

I have reached 100 more reasons to celebrate on my happy Twitter account, so I figured I'd crosspost some of them here. Cataloging things to be happy about is definitely a good thing for me, as in the midst of depression I have a tendency to forget everything good that happens to me.

So these are things I've been able to celebrate recently:

I reached 100 reasons to dance! That's a silly one, but it's nice to know I have a list of 100 things that make me happy.

Apparently my friend Tim is now listening to Jonathan Coulton because of me and Jacob. YES!

Oh, nice. All the articles I was waiting for on Textbroker were accepted in time to be added to this week's paycheck. Sweet!

Talking about songs from childhood with my siblings.

Cassettes from Flickr via Wylio
© 2014 Matt Brown, Flickr | CC-BY | via Wylio
Apparently my sister Elizabeth has all our old cassette tapes. Um. I'm going to have to transfer them all to digital when I go home.

Tomorrow our friend Nate comes to visit us! Yay! It's always fun getting to see him.

The song "Lifeboat" from Heathers the Musical. Super haunting.

Giggling at crappy movies with Jacob.

Some days you wake up and feel like you just might be able to accomplish something today. That's nice.

Retweets. Shallow reason to dance, maybe, but still...

I just realized I have everything in the house I need to make tuna melts for dinner. This makes me tres happy.

Cold, cold orange juice. Mmm!

"Honey, whatcha waitin' for--" "SHUT UP, HEATHER!" #HeathersTheMusical

Those tuna melts were pretty much EXACTLY what I wanted to eat tonight. Whoooo!

"She's the horse I never got for Christmas." #HeathersTheMusical

"Now you're truly a Heather, smell how gangster you are." #HeathersTheMusical

I haven't found a new musical that I really LOVED in a long time. It's nice to love a show this much again. :-)

I'm NOT a guitar person, but, man, that solo in Stairway to Heaven gets me. It's just haunting.

Virtually any version of "Hallelujah."

Grilled Turkey Ham and Cheese from Flickr via Wylio
© 2013 Justin Smith, Flickr | CC-BY-SA | via Wylio
Discovering I can make a fake grilled turkey-and-cheese sandwich without actually using the stove, ha HA!

Slings and Arrows. Why is everyone not watching this show all the time?

So grateful for the amazing respectful men I've known throughout my life. When I'm saddened by Internet misogyny, I think of them.

Jacob worked overtime today but got to work the early shift so he was almost home when I woke up. Now we can spend all day together!

The "Prison Mike" episode of The Office.

I finally finished a blog I've been working on for a really long time.

I still have the other half of my tuna sub in the fridge.

Apparently, saying "bird" but making the vowel the French "e" sound makes Jacob laugh really hard. No idea why, but it's awesome.

I get to see my family this weekend :) It's been a long time.

Sometimes I crack myself up.

My friend Erika, whose opinion I deeply respect, said some wonderfully encouraging things about my blog. Definitely brightened my day.

I left my phone at my parents' house this weekend but it came in the mail today, whoo!

Jacob's on first shift now so we have evenings together. Yay. :-)

Mechanic from Flickr via Wylio
© 2007 : : w i n t e r t w i n e d : :, Flickr | CC-BY | via Wylio
Our car broke when we were visiting my fam this weekend. Took it in to get it fixed... turns out it was an easy fix that cost $15.

When David Brent meets Michael Scott on the US version of The Office.

I finally found the portable speakers I'd been missing for like a year.

The Evil Dead: The Musical is playing in Fort Wayne this October. I am going to buy tickets RIGHT NOW.

Friends who back you up in serious conversations, especially when you're sharing thoughts that are very personal to you.

That pretty awesome omelette I ate for lunch. Best omelette I've eaten in awhile.

Someone I felt a strong need to pray for today messaged me & said it'd been a REALLY tough week & my praying encouraged them. YAY GOD!

Snarky friends. They're the best.

There are still tickets available for the play I wanted to see tonight but forgot to order tickets for.

My microSD card came in the mail today so now I can finally use my phone's camera, Spotify, and SwiftKey.

My husband is much more cheerful when he's sick than I am... well, just in general. Extra glad to be married to him today :)

Getting to lick the bowl of cake batter.

Hearing Jacob try to explain what's going on in various episodes of Xena. This show is ridiculous.

A nice long talk with my friend Carissa, who I haven't spoken with in ages. That was refreshing :-)

Laptop from Flickr via Wylio
© 2007 Brian Kelley, Flickr | CC-BY-SA | via Wylio
While I do need to get a new computer soon-ish, I'm very glad my current one is still up and running for now.


I just exceeded my daily work goals. By a fair amount. I like when that happens :-)

My federal loan payments have been successfully recalculated. They are MUCH more manageable now.

I got some housework done. I've been feeling overwhelmed with it, so getting anything done is an awesome feeling.

Watching Puppy play with an empty milk jug. Just makes me laugh.

My shoulder was suddenly (and weirdly) arthritic yesterday, but today it's not. Phew.

A sink that is no longer full of dirty dishes. Progress!

Weekends.

So grateful to have a husband who supports my introversion.

The way our house smells right now while Jacob's cooking chicken with garlic. YUM.

Finishing terrifying projects and being able to breathe again.

I got Jacob to like Heathers. HA!

The bacon and cheese stuffed crust from Pizza Hut. I'm sure it's like 9 trillion calories a slice, but IT'S SO GOOD.

"And if you try to hold me down, I'm gonna spit in your eye and say YOU CAN'T STOP THE BEAT!"

An article I was not confident about at all was just accepted with comments saying it was my best ever. Confusing, but yay. :-)

"Code monkey get up, get coffee, code monkey go to job, code monkey have boring meeting with boring manager Rob."

Sutton Foster. I don't like the music for Little Women, but I'm always impressed by her version of "Astonishing."

The thunderstorm that kept making Lumps bark and wake me up this morning passed pretty quickly and I *did* get back to sleep. Phew.
We're having muffins & rice for dinner tonight. That's pretty much exactly what I want right now.

The Daria musical episode.

Our house is clean. Like cleaner than it's been since we moved in.

In the process of cleaning, we finally found my external hard drive, which I've needed for months!

I saw a blue jay today and it was beautiful.

I didn't go to church this morning, so I had the house all to myself without needing to get work done. GREAT recharging time.

Fall. I took a walk with Jacob today and it was LOVELY.

Tomorrow is my birthday!

I have a chance to do a mini theater workshop next week. I miss teaching theater.

Jacob & I had plans today, but we canceled them to lounge around doing nothing. Introvert heaven!

It means a lot to me when my friends feel safe telling me things they can't tell other people.

The "Monorail!" song from The Simpsons.

The Cape Fear Simpsons parody. That gets my vote for the best episode. Up through season 11, anyway, which is as far as I've gotten.

"Oh, no! I look like a chimney sweep!" #TheyCameTogether

And while I'm at it, Michael Shannon's cameo. I laughed a lot. #TheyCameTogether

Technology. Technology is just cool.

Creepy covers of cheerful pop songs.

The Evil Dead musical. Fantastically funny with some awesome music.

"It All Fades Away" from the Bridges of Madison County musical. Gosh.

Did my high school theater workshop today. Gosh, I've missed teaching theater so much.

That weird-but-awesome aftertaste of SUPER dark chocolate.

Gorgeous autumn days.

Long talks about philosophy and Christianity with my dad.

Figuring out how to easily post to this account with my phone. :-)

Thoughtful analysis of seemingly fluffy pop culture, like this one.

"We can start and finish wars, we're what killed the dinosaurs." #Heathers

Melted cheese. Yummmm.

The song "All Is Well." It's just so gorgeous.

Every single sad Charlie Brown joke on #ArrestedDevelopment

What has made you happy recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment