Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Another Childhood Story, This Time in the Form of a Chat Transcript


I was in RinkChat and ended up telling another story about my childhood, confirming once again that I was an insane little kid. I figured since I recently shared the Queen Game story here on my blog, I should share this one as well.

Me: Now it is time to sleeeeeep.
Me: Wait. I have to tell a stupid story before I sleep.
Me: When I was a kid, one of the other games that I used to play with my siblings was this weird story about a girl who had some deadly disease called "double ornithosis" and the only way she could be cured was to have surgery.
Me: And my brother played the surgeon, who was CRAZY and had this weird sing-songy chant/ritual he would do as he fixed the girl.
Me: One of the lines was, "Here! Have a poison surgery!" (My 5-year-old brain's term for anesthesia.) This was then followed by him proclaiming, "I gave YOU the poison surgery, but I'M going to sleeeeeeeeeeep!" (Except he didn't ever really go to sleep, he just said he was going to.)
Me: And so when I said, "Now it is time to sleeeeeeep," that was all I could hear in my head.
LaZorra: You are awesome.
LaZorra: And bizarre.
LaZorra: And I love you.
Me: I really wanted to follow it up with the next line, which was, "Oh, let me cut you open!"
Me: But I figured I should explain before just exclaiming that I was going to cut people open.
LaZorra: LOL
LaZorra: OKAY MAYBE I AM RETHINKING THE HUG I WAS GOING TO GIVE YOU
Me: LOL
Me: LOL NO DON'T TAKE BACK MY HUG BEFORE I EVEN GOT IT
LaZorra: okay fine but please dont cut me open my boss wont like it if i come into work with no fingers
Me: Just to fully educate you on this story, the ritual ended with, "Sew sew sew sew sew sew sew sew!" because immediately after cutting the girl open, he just sewed her back up.
LaZorra: LOL LOL
LaZorra: At least it's not an *intrusive* surgery.
Me: And the ritual began with him chanting, "Doctor needs a surgery! Doctor needs a surgery!" even though he was the one who was supposed to be doing surgery on the girl.
Me: So now you know the whole thing. Someday I will actually sing it for you so you can hear how it sounds.
LaZorra: I look forward to this performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment