Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Top 5, Bottom 5: 1986

I was born in 1986. And although I've only seen 20 movies from that year, I'm going to go ahead and give my top 5 and bottom 5 because I need a blog post today and I haven't quite finished up my musical spotlight post that I wanted to have for this week.

Top 5:
1. Ferris Bueller's Day Off (#32). One of my favorite flicks of all time. It just makes me feel so unbelievably happy when I watch it. In fact, I kind of want to watch it tonight now.
2. Little Shop of Horrors (#50). It ends more happily than its Broadway counterpart, but this is still one of my favorite musicals of all time.
3. Stand By Me (#102). A quality coming-of-age flick featuring Wil Wheaton who, although he is quite good in this, he had not yet grown up to become Super Awesome.
4. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (#185). Easily my favorite of the original Star Trek movies. This one is just fun.
5. 'Night Mother (#382). Well-done film version of a pretty intense play. What a great script.

Bottom 5:
1. Zombie Nightmare (#1678). I really don't even remember watching this. I just remember that it was terrible.
2. Short Circuit (#1462). I feel like this is a movie you'd have to have grown up with. I saw it as an adult and thought it was quite stupid.
3. SpaceCamp (#1151). Now, this on the other hand, was a movie I grew up with, so I have slightly more fondness for it than I should be allowed to have... But that doesn't keep it from being a ridiculous movie.
4. The Name of the Rose (#1053). I was all prepared to love this movie. But it just never worked for me. I was bored throughout the whole thing.
5. Pretty in Pink (#957). Sometimes I LOVE John Hughes-written flicks, and sometimes they just kind of... blah me. This is one of the ones I never warmed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment